Are you tired of those overpriced and impersonal national chains? At TravelBug Health, we provide personalized service tailored to your unique itinerary and we recommend only what you need for the best value.
Whether you're going on an African safari or international business trip to India, preparation is paramount to a safe and successful trip. All travelers should be informed about the potential hazards of the countries they are traveling to and learn how to minimize their health risks. The best way to be prepared is to schedule a pre-travel consultation with our certified travel medicine specialist.
Contact Us to schedule your pre-travel consultation today.
TravelBug Health is your One-stop Shop for Vaccinations, Prescriptions, Products, and Travel Health AdviceA Pre-Travel health consultation includes:
Why come to TravelBug Health for your pre-travel consultation?
- An individualized assessment of your travel health risks based on your destinations, itinerary, and medical history.
- Recommended immunizations and a World Health Organization (WHO) approved International Certificate of Vaccination
- A discussion of how to prevent common travel related illnesses, and specific diseases prevalent in your area of travel
- A personalized travel health report that includes real-time updates on country specific medical, security and safety alerts from our network around the world
- Medications dispensed or prescribed to prevent and treat illnesses while traveling, including malaria, travelers' diarrhea, altitude sickness and more
- We carry a range of products for insect bite prevention always in stock
Advice and counseling on a wide range of travel health related issues:
- We are committed to providing the highest quality service in the industry and our consultants are specially trained and certified in Travel Health.
- We educate you about preventing the risks associated with traveling, not just provide you with vaccines and prescriptions.
- Your personal consultation is with a practicing medical professional who has the expertise and experience to deal with a wide range of medical issues.
- Food and Water Precautions
- Insect bite prevention
- Altitude Illness
- Jet Lag
- Motion Sickness
- Injuries and Safety
- Animal associated hazards
- Evacuation Insurance
Are you traveling for business? Are you an adventure traveler? Studying abroad? Going on a humanitarian mission?
Frequently Asked Questions
How soon should I book an appointment?
The CDC recommends that you schedule a Travel Clinic appointment at least 4 to 6 weeks before your departure. If you are traveling at the last minute, we will meet your travel health needs as completely as time allows. Consultations are available by appointment and no referral is necessary. Our schedule is flexible, and we can often fit you in the same or following day.
How should I prepare for my appointment?
Bring with you any prior immunization records to ensure that you receive only the vaccines you really need.
Do you see children?
Yes, we are happy to see patients of all ages, from infants to the elderly.
Do you accept insurance?
No, we are not contracted with any commercial insurance or Medicare. As is customary with other travel clinics, our assessments are provided on a fee-for-service basis with payment due at the time of the visit. We do provide you with the necessary billing information if you choose to submit a claim to your insurance for reimbursement.
Will I need to come back for another visit to get my shots?
We provide everything you need at your initial consultation visit, including immunizations and medications. Some immunizations may require an additional visit for subsequent doses in a series.
Why not get my vaccines and medications from my Primary Care Physician?
1. Journal of Travel Medicine, Jan/Feb 2011; 18(1)